Tuesday, December 30, 2008

almost dinner

Well another day at work and it's getting close to suppertime. I can certainly tell each day when it's that time. There are two times of day that I really look forward to. Meals and bed time. Unfortunately sometimes I look forward to meals a bit too much and hence weigh a bit more than I should. It's a good thing I can head to the gym regularly and burn off some of the calories that I put on at this time of year.

I actually look forward to the new year at the end of each previous one. One of the main reasons is that I always get a raise at the beginning of the year. Anytime they are willing to give me more money I am not going to argue. The other thing is that I can start planning and looking forward to my holidays. One of my little pleasures each year is looking at my work schedule and figuring out when it is best to take time off. This involves a little guesswork though and I usually tend to try and predict the weather 5 months ahead of time and generally fail at that.

I work for an airline, which in todays world is probably not something most people would consider as secure employment. The company itself is great and I really can't find anything wrong with it. I mean how can you beat a job where you are only at work about 160 days out of 365, get a long weekend every weekend and can fly across the country at seriously discounted rates? With the economy the way it is though I never know what it going to happen. It could all change tomorrow. Until they say something I'll just have to keep working. Of course retirement would probably be better but I suspect I would get pretty bored with sitting on the porch shooing the kids off my lawn.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog as it develops, gray.

    And how do I become a Follower?!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note if you want.