Friday, September 13, 2013

As summer wanes

As summer heads into fall I have to wonder where it went. Every year it seems to go so fast and when I look back on it I never seem to have done all the things I wanted to. Mind you the early part of summer was not very good this year with way too much rain and not enough sun to be able to get out and enjoy life. I did manage to get in a trip to Hawaii with my girlfriend and a really neat dive with manta rays while I was there. that was an experience I'll never forget. The rest of the trip was just as good, we got to see a lot of the Big Island and went snorkeling with a sea turtle. Hawaii is a great place to visit but it's darned expensive. One thing I have managed to do to the fullest extent is get out on my bike. Unfortunately I haven't been able to squeeze in any long distance trips yet. There always seems to be something in my life that gets in the way. That's the way it seems to be with my life. I can look back and never seem to have done anything exciting but there is always something to occupy my time in one way or another. And the older I get the more I want to squeeze into the time I have. One of these days I'll get things sorted out and nothing will get in the way of the stuff I really want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note if you want.